Tuesday 31 January 2012

LeTS StarT WITh WHY!

In a recent lecture Mike Press mentioned the theory by Simon Sinek, the 'WHY' discovery! Normally people start with WHAT there going to do, then think HOW there going to do it and finally, WHY there doing it in the first place. Sinek encourages us to ask ourselves WHY first of all. You can discover why by thinking about the times you felt things were totally right and why this was. If things aren't going well then we need to understand WHY? Steve jobs said just before he died, "your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life". This statement really struck a chord with me. It reminds us that we only live once and not to spend it doing something we hate! I'm also quite a home bird and a cautious person and I think I often need reminded to seize the day and take risks in life. He also said, "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." This is all related to the previous lecture and ties in well with 'Make a job, don't take a job'.I really believe that doing something your passionate about is the way to be content and happy. Like Steve Jobs said, there is no point in carrying on with a situation your unhappy with. Ultimately only you can change your life. I know too many people who have not done things or carried on trudging along for the sake of what others will think of them and probably a fear of starting again! I think I have the potential to be this kind of person and I have to keep reminding myself "To change one's life:  Start immediately.  Do it flamboyantly.  No exceptions."  ~William James.


No comments:

Post a Comment