Monday 16 January 2012

I LIkE tHE WAy i BIkE



 So it's been a while. I can't deny that i neglected my poor wee blog last semester. The RSA project took up all my time and stress but now we're through to the other side i have to say that i really enjoyed it! I chose the brief 'The Good Journey' something to improve your daily commute. I found that studies have shown that the commute is most peoples single biggest stress but cycling is the best way to travel for good well being. So my question was, why do so many people put up with packed tubes and late buses? After doing some research i found that people form barriers towards cycling, one being fear of busy traffic and the other fear of looking stupid. While cycle wear is essential on the bike its often humiliating on foot. So my aim was to create a range of cycle wear fabrics that encompass the right balance of safety, style, fashion and function! I wanted to create stylish designs that included subtle reflective elements, that could be worn on and off the bike.

Here are some sketchbook pages, that show my research and development.










No comments:

Post a Comment