Friday 5 November 2010

oR ELsE...

Last weeks lecture on 'Good design, Bad Design' and personally made me think about perception and stereotypes. It was interesting when we were shown old adverts and children's illustrations of family life and how stereotypical they were of both womens and mens roles. Also the story about how throughout his childhood, cowboys with White hats were good and black hats were bad. This shows how the media, television and advertising can create and manipulate our perceptions of things from a very young age. I thought it was good when Jonathan mentioned he was trying to provoke through this lecture. I think this was a effective way of creating interest and making me think about the reasons why it may provoke people and if indeed i felt strongly about it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment